Looking for an alternative to soy sauce? You’re in luck! Coconut aminos not only acts as an effective substitute for soy sauce in almost any dish, it also comes with health benefits when compared to soy sauce. These benefits include:
- Significantly less sodium
- Clean ingredients (coconut sap & sea salt)
- Contains amino acids & potassium
Depending on where you live, coconut aminos might be as easy to find as ketchup in the grocery store. However, in some places, you might have to search high and low to find where the coconut aminos are stocked.
4 Aisles to Look for Coconut Aminos
If you are wondering where you can find this amazing coconut nectar where you go grocery shopping, here are a few different places you can check:
- Condiment section – Since coconut aminos are seen as an alternative to soy-sauce, you could check where you would typically look for soy sauce or tamari.
- Oil & vinegar section – Often in the same location as salad dressings, you might find coconut aminos in the same area as oil and vinegar.
- Health food section – It is common for grocery stores to have at least a small section devoted to “healthy” items (it might include brands like Siete, Simple Mills, Epic, Synergy, etc.). This is another likely spot for a store to shelve coconut aminos.
- End of aisle sections – I often shop at Sprouts, and they have different types of items stocked at the end of the aisle so that anyone walking by the aisle will stop and peruse. They stock the coconut aminos here along with various other sauces (barbeque, ketchup, hot sauce, etc.).
Stores That Sell Coconut Aminos
Coconut products have made a come-back in popularity recently, and for good reason. They often have nutritious elements without needing to add any harmful ingredients (coconut sugar, coconut water, coconut oil, etc.). While not all grocery stores place coconut aminos in the front and center, it is likely that most stores carry it for purchase. Here are a few places you can be sure to find it as long as they are fully stocked (follow the links provided so that you can double-check your store’s location does carry it):
- Thrive Market (note: Thrive Market requires a membership to order, but you are guaranteed to save money each year)
Time to Get Shopping
Don’t wait to use coconut aminos in your next recipe, whether you are making a tangy dressing with umami flavor or an Asian-inspired meal. You can substitute it 1:1 with soy sauce and then season with additional salt according to taste. Order it online today or pick it up next time you go grocery shopping. Either way, you won’t regret using coconut aminos in your next dish.
If you are new to coconut aminos, let us know how you like it after you give it a try! If you already love using the soy-substitute, let us know your favorite ways to incorporate it in your cooking.